PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, March 21, 2011

Smells like new shoes. {Paint Me a Picture Winner}


When I was around 8 or 9 I wanted a pair of high top Converse somethin BAD.
My Step-Mommy knew this.
So before I came for a summer trip to visit, so took her pregger self to the shoe store to get me a pair.
While there the new shoe smell was overwhelming for her.
So much so she got sick.
And she puked in the closest thing to her at the store, an ash tray.
Yes an ash tray in the shoe store.
So thinking about it maybe it was a combo deal.
New shoe smell plus *gag me* cig smoke.

But when I arrived that day, I found a pair of white Converse high tops that
had paint splatters all over them.
I was in love.
I slept in them, for reals straight up slept in them.

So when Buggie got a new pair of dress sandals for my cousin's upcoming wedding and I
found her wanting to wear them the minute she woke up or came home from school, I was not surprised. We do not wear shoes in our house. So this is a treat, until they go outside then thats where they will stay.

Sandals and socks. Sure why not. I did see it in the last J Crew catalog, maybe she saw it too.



She has style. And a ton of personality, just the way I like it.

And of course Bean could not get left behind. I might ruffle some feathers with this one BUT I can not stand dress shoes for little boys. Like CAN NOT stand them. So for the wedding he will be sporting so brown Chucks with his khaki's. So much cooler.

Paint Me a Picture WINNER!

Megan hit my up on the old email. To claim your swag!

9 comments:

Kara @ June & Bear said...

Totally with you on no dress shoes for boys. Brown Chucks are definitely way cooler.

Craftcherry said...

Not a big fan of dress shoes for boys either. I have yet to find a pair that look even half way decent. Chucks are way cuter!

Anna K. said...

I love this posts - your little ones have such style. I hate men's dress shoes, so that's a problem when Hunky Fiance wants an opinion on them, from me it's always negative.

Lindsay - Pen and Paint said...

I tried to comment on this earlier but my iPod went all wack.
Hilarious story, not for your step mom, but real life as we know it.
I have Charlie a pair of purple Chuck's and they accompany him in his Sunday best.

Jami Nato said...

i too hate dress shoes for little boys. unless they look like boat shoes, then ok. otherwise...gross.

heather said...

Seriously, boys dress shoes are always UGLY! Chucks are great...stylish, cute and "dressy"-enough!

staci @ lizard n ladybug said...

I love that you hate buying dress shoes for boys - me too!!!

MaryEllen Rodriguez said...

I LOVE you nostalgia girl.....

Frank Rodriguez said...

I love this story still to this day, and I can still see your face when you got those paint splattered Converse.

Dad