PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

What we ate Wednesday. {Ice Cream in a Bag}

I am killing two birds with one stone on this post, cause I am so into that these days.
Multitasking is my middle name.
So for the price of one post you get a "what we ate" and a mark on our "summer fun list".
Good deal right?!
When I saw Christina's from 2 little hooligans post on making ice cream in a bag, I added that baby to our summer fun list right away.
Oh and if you do not follow Christina, you really should. Besides being supa nice, she is one talented Momma.

Per Christina here is what you will need:
- 1 cup 1/2 and 1/2
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup coarse salt {I bought ice cream salt at my grocery store}
- quart size ziploc
- gallon size ziploc halfway filled with ice

Mix your 1/2 & 1/2, vanilla, and sugar together. Add to the quart ziploc and seal tight.
Place it in the gallon bag with ice and salt, seal.

Set a timer for 8 minutes and start shaking your bags.
Now I did this as a play date activity.
We gave the kiddies the bags and said ok "Shake what your Momma gave ya!"




30 secs, in they were done. So the Mommas took over, wish I had a picture of us, it was very humorous. You get a good workout with this. Some of my quotes during this shake-a-thon, "promise to come over again?" "this is the longest 8 mins of my life." "do you hate me?"
But once it was done, and we rinsed off our quart size bags with cold water, we had ICE CREAM!



It was the perfect balance of vanilla and sweet. SO SO SO yummy.



The kids loved every bite. And were very proud and thankful of their Mommas and our shaking skills.


Wish I had a bowl right now. We already have a list of different flavors we want to try.

And once we hugged all her friends good bye, Buggie got to mark off her first summertime fun activity!

Now your turn, please share what you have been up to in the kitchen...



-------
Did you enter my bloggie anniversary giveaway? Over $350 worth of goodies.

8 comments:

christina said...

oh your too sweet, and too freaken funny...shake what your momma gave you! i still can't believe how delish it is...why has this been a secret for so long?!

Miranda said...

Oh that ice cream looks delicious! Looks like the kids had a blast too! :)

Melissa said...

That looks so yummy! Guess my household will be making this very soon:)
http://www.takeanotherstepmelissa.blogspot.com/

Jami Nato said...

i'm going to try this...if i can find 10 minutes!
and yes i linked the brownie cookies...LOL

Lindsay - Pen and Paint said...

this looks awesome. who knew?

lesleyzellers said...

I am so going to have to try that ice cream in a bag!!!

Marissa said...

Mmmmmmmmmm! Cure for late night ice cream craving? I think so!

Cindy said...

I have made this with my students! SOOO good! The quotes during the mamma shake session: FUNNY!!!