PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

What We ate Wednesday. {Calzones}

Last night was one of the "those" nights.
You know the kind.
You really do not want to cook.
Hubs is going to be really late, so scratch him bringing home anything.
You really do not want to drag screaming kids out by yourself.
So you dig.

I dug and we came up with calzones.


Found this in the fridge {I love Publix, just sayin}

Grabbed some other odds and ends.


Took out our handy dandy calzone maker, yes we own a calzone maker, and yes we make enough to own a calzone maker. Williams Sonoma for 14 bucks, check it.


Mine had a little done lappage.


Onto an oiled pizza pan. Dizzled a little olive oil, sprinkled some pecorino on top, and cut a little hole on top.


Another reason we love making calzones, cause Buggie can make her own. She loves it.
Poor thing had two shots yesterday, she is such a big girl.


She is very cute, notice the little stems she tore off her spinach.


The final list for mine, portabella mushrooms, ricotta cheese, sauce, spinach, artichokes, roasted red peppers, and prosciutto. Man I love calzones.


Not too bad for a dug out dinner.

Now show us what you got!
Just link back to me somehow in the post, please and thank you.





6 comments:

Ruthie Hart said...

YUMMY! I will definitely be checking out that calzone maker from WS! Oh and I wish my grocery store had dough like that!

Jennifer said...

yum!! :) I'm hungry!

Wendy said...

What a great idea!!! Quick and yummy dinner ~ just what I need right now as we run from baseball to softball and back again :) Now I need to run to Williams Sonoma and get me a new toy! Calzone maker here I come!

Jami Nato said...

but seriously, cant you just fold the dough over? LOL. i would still use the calzone maker for the sheer awesomeness factor.

Unknown said...

Oh a calzone maker?!?! My day just got a little brighter!!! Yum!

Essay Writing said...

Yummmy.. Brings water in my mouth..