PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Friday, August 27, 2010

Yarn Wreath DIY

Let me first say I am by NO means saying I am the first to make one of these.
But since it was such a fun creative process for me, I wanted to share.

So here we go, Yarn Wreath DIY {with a Halloween twist}
What you will need:
- styrofoam wreath
- yarn {as many colors as you want}
- embellishments { whatever your heart desires}
- hot glue gun
- scissors
- Ribbon {if you will be hanging yours}
{if you want a thick wreath you will need batting to wrap around you wreath for your desired thickness, I will do this for my holiday one!}


Step 1: Glue down one end of you yarn to the wreath.


Step 2. Start wrapping, keeping in mind the pattern you will want.

Step 3: Once I figured out the pattern I marked off by measuring it out. Now you can totally do it more organically, but I have a slight OCD issue with symmetry. For my wreath I had three different yarns to use, so my pattern was 3.25 in/2in/3.25in, all the way around, while alternating colors, making sure the yarn was tight together {so no foam was showing} , and hot gluing the end pieces on the backside of the wreath.


Here is the final look.


Step 4: I made flower embellishments out of paper & felt. I also had pearls and button brads to add some more texture to it. Then with the hot glue I add them making sure to hold up my wreath to see the placement in the upright position.


Step 6: Find a cozy little spot to place your wreath or hang it. Mine will be chillin on a shelf. I love the colors, I think it is a perfect mix up on the traditional Halloween look





The possibilities are truly endless with this project. I can not wait to make more. Since I gage the time it takes a DIY by naps, I would say this was a 2 napper {with some laundry & dishes thrown in there too!}

ENJOY!
{if you make one please share, I would LOVE to see it!}





10 comments:

Carey C. Bailey said...

Too cute. Can't wait to make one. With Joy, Carey

Monika Wright | I Love It All said...

Can't beat a 2 napper! Love!

KnockKnocking said...

Very cute!

Melissa (Punkin Threads) said...

I totally dig this. I want one!

christina said...

LOVE IT!!

Amber said...

I love this!!! So is the black and white print in the background, where is it from?

Lorie said...

I love it. Yarn is all the rage in wreaths right now! ;D It looks great! Thanks for linking up to Show and Tell Saturday!

Kristin @ wRIte iT DOwN said...

So cute! I am loving these yarn wreaths, made 2 already. I am sure it will continue right into Christmas time.

Thanks for your comment over at my blog http://kheaney-writeitdown.blogspot.com

Happy Labor Day weekend. Kristin

Miss G said...

i came over from Be Different Act Normal. This is a GREAT wreath. I love the colors! Kelly

Bridget said...

NICE job!