PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, August 23, 2010

Ribbon and Bead Necklace {DIY}


So this could NOT be any easier, honestly.


What you will need:
- Beads {I used a total of 16}
- Ribbon
- Needle & Thread
- Scissors


First things first.
Thread your needle.
Then starting at the end of the ribbon {with enough left at the end to tie around your neck},
tread the needle through and put a bead on.

*****UPDATE****
Before threading your ribbon add a small clear bead to the thread. This will prevent your
knot from coming through the ribbon. Just make sure to really knot you thread.


Then fold the ribbon over half of the bead and thread through that side.
Keep repeating until desire look is achieved.


To finish off, knot the thread. Then tie a knot in the ribbon at each end of the necklace.
Fray check each end of the ribbon {I take a lighter to the ends}.


THAT SIMPLE!
I hate to run but I am off to make about 20 or so more!




25 comments:

Anna K. said...

That is super cute! What a great statement piece!

Unknown said...

sooo cute!! love that!

Terrie Regensburger said...

So awesome !!!! Great use off all the RIBBON you own !

Tina said...

super cute!

Dawn said...

Love this-my girls will too-thanks!

Vanessa Hewell said...

Very pretty! Think I may have to try that out. Thanks!

Melanie @ Whimsical Creations said...

Turned out beautiful!!

Anonymous said...

sooooooo making this!

My Owl Barn said...

Those beads are gorgeous! Thanks for the wonderful DIY :)

Anna @ IHOD said...

oh my gosh-with these beads!! gorgeous.
You are fab.
<3

Jennifer Burgett said...

Okay I must be really lame because I cannot get my necklace to look right. And my knotted thread still goes through the ribbon at the end. What am I doing wrong?

Amy H. said...

Oh Jen you are not lame! Ok so my suggestion would be to knot your thread, then before you start to put and beads on put a small clear bead on the end to stop it from coming through the ribbon. Let me know how that works! Sorry...

Jennifer Burgett said...

Thank you!!! I will try it tonight. :)

Lorie said...

Oh! It is gorgeous! I love the beads that you used too! I keep telling myself that I need to wear more necklaces! This one is gorgeous! Thank you for sharing it on Show and Tell Saturday!!!

Kelly said...

This looks awesome. I have been trying to come up with for my bunco group and I wonder if this would look good with dice beads.

Delia said...

The color pallet and bead choice is impeccable. Beautiful work. :)

HoosierHomemade said...

Super cute! Those would make great Christmas gifts too!
I'd love for you to stop by my other blog, It's a Blog Party, I host a different linky everyday, Mondays are craft days!
http://itsablogparty.com
~Liz

Anonymous said...

These are super cute! Thanks for the great tute! Following you now from Made by you Monday! I host a linky on Friday and would love to have you! Joy
mommaskindacrafty.blogspot.com

Alexis said...

Beautiful! Can't wait to try it...

Fonda @Southern Scraps said...

Awesome. Love those beads!

Katy said...

Love this tutorial!!!!
I'm visiting from Made bY you Monday! I'm a follower!

Catarina
http://nolugarquechamocasa.blogspot.com

. said...

I love it!!! I think even I could make that necklace! :)

kim west said...

gave you an award at my blog

kimboscrafts.blogspot.com

Beth @beth-adam.blogspot.com said...

HOW CUTE!!! What size ribbon did you use? I'm going to make one for a friend!! :)

Anonymous said...

This necklace is so awesome. I can't wait to try it. Where did you find those beads?