PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thursday, December 3, 2009

The story of my day...

As I sat perched on my couch, doing what I do best, nursing.
Buggie was at the kitchen table drinking her "special drink", aka a blue slurpee (ok I know 
a blue slurpee?!  But it was that or coke flavored).  I told her she could having a special treat after school and as we all know drive-thrus are our friends when you have kids.  So I stopped
at BK.

Ok back to the story at hand.  So there I was, one kid on the boob and another drinking a blue slurpee.  

Then it happened.

It was like slow motion, I saw it and could not do a thing about.
That darn blue slurpee slipped right out of her hands.

 I sat there knowing if I stopped nursing all heck would break loose with
the little man, all I could do was direct Buggie to carefully swing her legs to the other side of the chair and step down.  

Then I sat there, for what seemed like an hour, and watched as that freakin thick sticky blue drink slowly creep across my tile towards the carpet and Hubby computer charger.

Thank God little eats fast and that drink was slow moving, cause I got there just in time.
But man that blue (I know I have mentioned that it was a blue drink several times already) drink stained my tile.

So now all I can think about is what color Buggies insides must be.  NO MORE BLUE DRINKS!

{would have taken a picture to show but time was of the essence}


6 comments:

SoBella Creations said...

Oh no! What a nightmare! And it seems to take forever to get sticky stuff off the floor.

Melanie @ Whimsical Creations said...

Oh no!

My son decided once (he was @ 3yrs old) to grab himself a drink out of the fridge...a whole container of Kool Aid ended up on the kitchen floor. oops...

Kelly O. said...

glad you saved your carpet!

The Brandenburgs said...

Oh man! Try a magic eraser on your grout and tile! Thank goodness you saved the carpet. I love that you called the baby "Little"! So cute!

Kenziepoo said...

Wow, glad it didn't get to your carpet! Also you won the Moodboard Giveaway on my blog Kenziepoo. Could you email me @ r.rachelle@gmail.com. :)

christina said...

Just another thing we sacrifice as nursing moms! I was nursing my daughter in the car so I let my son "drive." He then proceeded to put 2 quarters in my steering wheel. Don't ask me how. Well, 3 hours at the car dealership and $40.50 later we were finally on the road again...well after some more milk :)