PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Friday, November 4, 2011

Let us take a look, what's in your pocketbook? {Guest Starring Anna from IHOD}

I have been toying with the idea of a month blog feature for some time now.
I wanted something fun and different.
But a good way to feature fellow bloggers and maybe see a little bit about them that we may not know yet.
So "Let us take a look, what's in your pocketbook?" is coming the first of every month.

When I was thinking who's pocket book I wanted to sneak a peek at first,
Anna from In Honor of Design popped in my head right away.
See Anna was pretty much one of the first blogs I ever started following.
And her Mom style is something I am envious of, as you can see from this picture.
She is gorgeous, I mean really gorgeous inside and out.

Here is a little bit about Anna's bag:

The Bag:

Cute Tote Bag / disguise diaper bag (via Mimi Boutique)

The contents:

Mama must haves:

Several lipsticks, lip glosses, lip balm, lip everything - its been an obsession since high school. Its just an easy 5 second fix to make it look like you tried that day;)

Phone

Wallet

Emergency Sew Kit (thanks to my awesome friend Monica)

Nail filer/buffer (they have really cute kits at H & M right now for $2.50!)

A pack or three of chewing gum (not pictured)

Baby must haves:

Diapers

Changer Mat

Pacifier

Toys for both kids (always a train for my son;))

Disposable scented diaper bags (for when no trash cans are available. Life saver.)

And of course, my camera fits in there too, which goes with me everywhere!



- As a Momma what do you look for when buying a bag?
Exterior style and interior SPACE...with lots of pockets;) I like to fit the world in my bag.

- Fashion is such a big part of your life, how do you make it work
when you are just not feeling it?
To be honest, there are many a days when I stay in sweats and don't get dressed till the afternoon. However, I do notice that when I make an effort(even if its just for my husband that day), it gives me a little more pep in my step;) Its fun for me to throw together an outfit. Its that artist in me I guess. On the days I am not feeling it, I like to at least wear a fun pair of earrings. necklace, or scarf with a cute tee to make it feel like I tried at least.

- I see Thomas hangs in your bag, do you have any more boredom busters for kiddies when you are out?
Yes, trains travel with us everywhere for our little man. They solve the limited attention span problem. I always have a teether or two for the baby as well....even if that means a long beaded necklace;) (They now have baby safe ones for those mamas that are more pre-cautious than me.) And of course mini snack packs always do the trick for toddlers.

- What's your best McGayver moment, you know us Mommas have forgotten wipes or diapers at one point, how did you make it work?
We had a very big blowout accident with our son within moments of arriving to a restaurant. Of course, it was the only time I had forgotten to bring an extra outfit (blowouts were a regular occurrence at home), PLUS only had a few baby wipes on me. After borrowing wipes from my sister in law, and practically giving him a full body scrub down in the public bathroom, my husband brought our poor naked baby next door to Target to buy him an outfit. When the day seems to want to take you down, you have to laugh and make light of it:)

- If you could have any bag, price not a issue and you do not need to share it with the kiddies, what would you get?
I am not actually a huge name brand bag type of gal. I guess its the common sense in me. No bag is worth a couple hundred dollars (ahem- a car payment?!). However, I do have a weak spot for Kate Spade bags. Each design and pop of color makes me feel like a kid in a candy store!


Thank you so much sweet Anna for being my first :-)
I hope you enjoyed this little look into Anna's bag.

You can check out more of Anna at:
Her Shop

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such a cute feature! I always love to see what other people carry with them on a daily basis. Can't wait to see other posts like this!

Unknown said...

Haha! I have very similar items :) Thomas the train goes everywhere, lip glosses are a must and I keep my camera with me at all times. I love Anna's wallet, so pretty!

Jami Nato said...

so organized...mine is full of a lot of crumbs and some trash. haha

Alena: Oh, Its Just Perfect! said...

Fabulous interview! I always love seeing what others carry around and I adore Anna's blog. Have a great weekend!

Danielle said...

This is such a great feature! You can tell so much about a person by what they lug around in their bag! Love it!! And I also found a new blog to read! Thank you!

Unknown said...

oh i love 'a peek into your purse' posts!! awesome idea!

Marissa said...

This is SO MUCH FUN! LOOOOVE it and you.

Gaby [The Vault Files] said...

Nowadays I look for nylon! the best lining when you carry so much baby stuff that sometimes can be spilled (I had a few accidents with bottles!). Since giving birth I find myself wearing my Longchamp Le Pliages a lot! ;)

Mycharmingcolors said...

Your bag is much more organized than mine! ha

maybe it will be once Judah gets a bit older, his water bottle for his formula aways spills onto his non-used diapers and they expand and look like used diapers and are unusable and this can make a bad situation of a diaper blow out even worse in public ;-)

Anna @ IHOD said...

Thank you again for having me Amy! Can't wait to follow this series and see what other mamas carry in their bags!
Hope you had a wonderful weekend<3