PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Elf on the Shelf Door on the Cheap, $3 to be exact.


Lenny our Elf does not make his official appearance until Dec 1.
But in prep for his arrival, he has requested a door for easy access to and from the North Pole.
See we are finding at 6.5 years of age Buggie has A LOT of questions about how things work, and if they are real.
And this Momma is NO WHERE near ready to give up the magic.
So I went to Joann's and came home with the workings of a Elf Door.

For $3 I came up with this.
- Picture frame $3.99 but after a 40% off coupon paid $1.80
- Bag of little knobs $1.99 but after my 40% off coupon paid $1.20
- paint which I had already
- bag of sticks which I had, but are around $2
- hot glue gun


After measureing the sticks to the back of the frame I was able to just cut them with regular scissors. 


Then painted everything and hot glued it together. 


And added a "Elf Only Entrance" to it. And I was done, yep that easy and that cheap.


When Lenny comes Saturday he will come with a little note explaining the door and that Santa felt it was a good addition for the Elves. 

Fingers crossed that this helps keep the magic alive and filling our house this Christmas!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You have the best ideas, Amy! Thank you for sharing this because I'm definitely going to try this! I'm about to blow a ridiculous amount of money at Michael's!

Sally said...

I love this! What a great idea! Thank you for sharing.