PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Zucchini & Sauce {fast and healthy!}



Ready for a super easy, super yummy, and very healthy recipe?
Hip Hip Hooray!

Here is what you will need:
- Zucchini {for my fam bam of four I used 4 large zucs}
- a jar of a low sodium pasta sauce {I buy Gia Russa brand, its no salt add and is 20mg per serving which is 1/2 a cup}
- organic Italian chicken sausage or ground turkey

First brown your meat.  While thats browning, cut your zucchini ends off and slice down the middle.  Then take a peeler or if you are fancy shamancy a mandolin and make thin ribbon slices.  Once your meat is browned add sauce and let simmer.
While the sauce is simmering add zucchini to a medium size sauce pan with a large dash of olive oil and pinch of salt. Cook while gently stirring for around 5 mins over medium/low heat.  
Add to a bowl with a serving of sauce.

DELISH! 
PS: adapted from my StepMomma's recipe.


<---------------------------<<
In other food news, there are a few "we play with our food" plates I have done for Bean over the past couple of weeks...

 



Making food fun can lead to kids trying all new foods.

3 comments:

Becky Farley said...

holy crap you are awesome!! lol can you come over and pretty up (and make it taste better ;)) my foods! very cool lady!

Becky Farley said...

I think it ate my comment!!
it said - very cool! ;)

Sway said...

Oh my goodness! You play with your food in the very best way - they are soooo cute!!!
Luvluv
Shann x