PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Friday, April 15, 2011

Bubble Gum Flowers DIY {plus an Easter FREEBIE!}

I am knee deep in 5th birthday party prep for Buggie right now.
5 years old, crazy how fast the time has flown by.
So we have had this little rule, no gum until you are 5.
I know kinda of silly but at some point I had picked the age and we stuck with it.
Now it is this HUGE right of passage that she is so STOKED about.
{sidenote: thinking of uping it to 20 for her brother, just sayin the kid's an animal}
Without giving away too much about her party I made these the other day and could not resist sharing.


What you will need:
- Gum {I bought the old school gum ball machine size tub and then some larger individual ones from Party City}
- Balloon stems with cups {which I now have 115 leftover, so if want some just holla, or Buggie will have these at every event for the next 10 yrs.}
- Clingwrap
- Twine or twistie ties.
- Small bowl
- Scissors

- Place some cling wrap in the bowl and then add a large gumball and 7 small ones.

- Take your stem and place in the center and then bring up the cling wrap tight around the gum.

- Lotion hands daily, oops thats a reminder for me after seeing this picture, EEK.

- Tie the up tight, cut the excess cling wrap off, and there you have gumball flowers!


They are so stinkin cute. Like for real, gumballs make me smile anyways but to see them like this just makes me plain ole happy.

Speaking of happy.
I got an email the other day from Shivani of My Owl Barn, the place for
all things owl.
She had teamed up with Jinjerup to create this ADORABLE Owl Easter Goodie Bag and bookmarks.


Super cute right?!
Well guess what its FREE!!!
Hop on over to My Owl Barn, and download yours today.
And give her a little hoot, cause everyone loves a hoot.

Happy weekend y'all!

______________________
Do you mind taking on sec to vote for me on Circle of Moms?
I truly appreciate the support!

14 comments:

FROM WILLIAMS TO WALKER said...

Hi Amy, I love the gum ball flowers, I am thinking about making them for my daughters tinkerbell party!

Jami Nato said...

gumball flowers!! so freaking cute...

Anonymous said...

SO. STINKING. CUTE.

-Jenni said...

LOVE the gumball flowers!!! I loved gum as a kid. I think one Christmas I asked for a shoe box full of gum. That's all I wanted. I don't think I ever got it. I suppose my parents wanted me to have my own teeth as an adult...

Holly said...

LOVE the gumball flowers! What an awesome idea!!

Megan said...

How cute!! I L O V E those gumball flowers!!! and that owl is super adorable!! xoxo

Kara @ June & Bear said...

Both are crazy cute! Wish I'd thought of a no gum until 5 rule.

Brandie said...

You are so creative Amy!! I wish I could be a 1/4 as creative as you. Anyway, I love your bubble gum flowers and the adorable owl. Thanks for sharing.
I will have my niece's for easter, and I was wondering what I was going to do for their baskets; now I know =)

Leonora said...

hi my name is Amy and I make Ballin' stuff

you are gonna make all my bday decorations from here on it. First order of duty: get me a cape.

sarah said...

this stuff could not be cuter!!! :)

Sharde said...

those are so so so cute! :) i love the owl bag too!

thestyleprojects.blogspot.com

My Owl Barn said...

Thank you guys for your lovely comments on our Easter Owl Bag. Amy, you are great. Thank you! :)

The Armstrong Family said...

You are always so creative! I love the bubble gum flowers...and totally think I'm going to steal your rule of no gum until 5 years old. Love that!

Yasmine said...

Hi there. I love this idea and want to try it for my twins 5th birthday party, can you tell me where i can find balloon stems (don't need a huge order, just like a dozen or so)?