PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Awk2theWard Wednesday {Apr 12th}

Boys.
They come programmed completely differently.
I always knew this but man it has been more and more evident after having one of my own.

Things I never imagined saying
but now after having a little boy I find myself saying more and more...

- "Please take you sisters undies off your head."

- "Son crayons are for coloring not eating."


- "Please stop grabbing your wenis while I am changing your POOPY diaper."

- "Can you please stop sitting on my head?"

- "Dude don't lick the restaurant wall!"

- "Please don't head butt the dishwasher." "Or the oven." "Or the wall." "Or the dog for that matter."

- "Why do I keep finding half eaten waffles in my pockets?"

- I am using the bathroom for this one "No keep the lights on." Off they go. "No leave the door open." Sweet little hand starts waving "Bye, Bye Ma." And there I sit helpless in the dark.

Boys.
I love him.
Man is he keeping this Momma on her toes.
______________________________________

Yesterday I got an email that made me smile, like BIG TIME SMILES.
I was nominated for for a Top 25 at Circle of Moms.

The Ladies I am among on the list is pretty cool. So if you would not mind taking one sec to click on over and vote for me? You can vote once a day from now until April 25th.
So I am going out on a limb and saying this will not be the last time you hear me mention it.
Sorry ahead of time, you love me right?!

link_badge

19 comments:

Jennifer said...

boys :) I had no experience before having mine (I have two sisters)...it's definitely different and fun!

Tanya said...

I have a 5 year old daughter, grew up with a sister-no brothers and now the mama of a 7 month old little boy. We didn't know we were having a boy until he was born, through my whole pregnancy I wondered what in the world I would do if I had a boy. He is so different from his sister already but my oh my he is sweet but I can totally see myself with the same kind of things happening as you over the next year!

LittleGreenThread said...

As the mom of two boys, I laughed and nodded all the way through this :) The phrase that I wish I had a dollar for every time I said it...please get your hand out of your pants.

Jami Nato said...

naughty boys...and congrats on the nomination!

Anonymous said...

I VOTED....FROM ALL OUR PHONES AND THE 'PUTER!

deangirlnj said...

OH man that was great! I read that sitting here as my almost 1 year old (he'll be 1 on April 26th) is eating the newspaper.... "stop eating paper baby". I needed that post this morning! THANKS :)

Leonora said...

oh lil man, somehow they don't change when they grow up either (I have to tell bubs to NOT touch the moldy oranges and to eat dinner before playing with his helicopters)

sigh

congrats again on the top 25 nom! YOU SO GOT THIS <3

Melissa C said...

LOL. Love this!

Anonymous said...

Oh you make me laugh!! That little boy of yours is a cutie patootie!! I have 3 kids...my oldest 2 are girls, and then there is Elijah:) He was a pocketful of different from the get go. Daily things I say that I never thought I would ever have to say: Please don't lick the window. Please don't walk on the coffee table. Don't jump off the coffee table. Don't lick the screen door. A lot of licking and jumping going on over here:)

Hespyhesp said...

hehe My little guy is the same way. He actually likes to kick the side of the oven. Or my shins when he is mad. And he likes to climb on to things and proclaim, "I JUMP" before taking a major leap! And at the same time he is full of hugs and kisses and couldn't be any sweeter. Love it all (except the shin kicks!)

Anonymous said...

boys certainly are different :)

and congrats!!

http://resourcefulred.blogspot.com

Laura Beth said...

i love it. i hope one day i'm blessed to have a little boy. snails, puppy dog tails, and wenis grabbing. hahah..

Kelly said...

BOYS!!! I've got two they are 10 & 12. well, three if you count my hub. 'cause seriously the NEVER grow up. that wenis thing doesn't get better. I assure all 3 of mine that it wont fall of and there is no need to make sure it's there daily. UGH!!!
thank GOd they wash their hands.
LOL

you're fun

Lindsay - Pen and Paint said...

WELL
all I have are boys so there is nothing to compare too.
I echo everything you just said.
::echo::
BOYS.
How do I vote?

Jami said...

Sooo funny, boys are hysterical! I did a post awhile ago about the same thing:
http://callmeblessed31.blogspot.com/2011/03/just-some-of-things-i-have-to-say-out.html

Congrats on the nomination!

Unknown said...

oh this too funny and all too real. i love the first picture - priceless expression!

Stephanie Thigpen said...

He is so adorable. SO SO adorable!

sarah said...

so great! def just laughed out loud, especially at the one about you sitting in the dark. Its just a matter of time til my little can reach the light switch and im sure ill be doing the same. :)

Nicole M said...

THis made me really laugh out loud. that is hilarious. I have a 10 month old girl and she is hilarious in and of herself, can't imagine what a boy would be like.