PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

What we ate Wednesday?

Since I am pretty much in pj's or tank top and shorts everyday, me participating in What I Wore Wednesday is a joke.
So how about What We Ate Wednesday?
{ps I know Wednesdays are normally reserved for Awk2theWard posts, but nothing funny to report today, BOO}

Ok so here is my
Not So Authentic Mexican Enchiladas
- 3 chicken breast {pounded out to a thin even level, I use a small pot to pound mine out}
- adobo seasoning
- 1/2 cup of salsa {with extra for eating later}
- 1/2 cup sour cream {with extra for eating later}
- 2 tbsp cream cheese {room temp}
- small can salsa verde
- tortilla shells
- shredded mexican cheese
- 2 tbsp of olive oil

- preheat oven to 350.
- season chicken generously with adobo
- cook through in a pan with olive oil

-shred chicken
- add to bowl with salsa, sour cream, cream cheese, and add as much salsa verde as you want for spice {I usually make the kids first then add it to the bowl} and mix


- then drop it, flip it and roll it {you know it is catchy, I so sing this when making them}
- line up in a baking dish
- top with shredded cheese

- bake in oven for 20 mins.
- I usually like to broil for a few mins to get a crusty cheese.

- plate with some salsa and sour cream on top {and maybe a little more salsa verde if you are feeling saucy}


And there is my Not So Authentic Mexican Enchiladas.

Enjoy!

8 comments:

Leonora said...

ok this needs to be emailed to me ASAP.

Mandy England said...

oh my yumminess... those look amazing. and just seeing the publix brand seasoning does my heart good. #publixneedstospreadlikewildfire #imhashtaggingandimnotontwitter

Jennifer said...

yum!! :) I'm definitely going to try this!

Ashley said...

that sounds delicious! and I just wanted to point out you didn't say 1/2 of what sour cream (half a cup? that is what I'm guessing, or half a certain size container?) thanks for the recipe!

Brooke said...

I'm cracking up. What I wore Wendsday makes me feel like crap because I like in my workout clothes with no makeup on. Hey, what's the point? Love, love, love what I ate Wednesdays! This looks great and I will be giving it a try.

Jami Nato said...

wierd, i'm making enchiladas tonight! i put black beans in mine, but the recipe is pretty similar to yours!

Erin said...

yummy that sounds great!! Going to have to try this.. seems super easy to!

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

We are huge Mexical food fans - this sounds delicious! Thanks