Wednesday, April 20, 2011

What we ate Wednesday?

Since I am pretty much in pj's or tank top and shorts everyday, me participating in What I Wore Wednesday is a joke.
So how about What We Ate Wednesday?
{ps I know Wednesdays are normally reserved for Awk2theWard posts, but nothing funny to report today, BOO}

Ok so here is my
Not So Authentic Mexican Enchiladas
- 3 chicken breast {pounded out to a thin even level, I use a small pot to pound mine out}
- adobo seasoning
- 1/2 cup of salsa {with extra for eating later}
- 1/2 cup sour cream {with extra for eating later}
- 2 tbsp cream cheese {room temp}
- small can salsa verde
- tortilla shells
- shredded mexican cheese
- 2 tbsp of olive oil

- preheat oven to 350.
- season chicken generously with adobo
- cook through in a pan with olive oil

-shred chicken
- add to bowl with salsa, sour cream, cream cheese, and add as much salsa verde as you want for spice {I usually make the kids first then add it to the bowl} and mix


- then drop it, flip it and roll it {you know it is catchy, I so sing this when making them}
- line up in a baking dish
- top with shredded cheese

- bake in oven for 20 mins.
- I usually like to broil for a few mins to get a crusty cheese.

- plate with some salsa and sour cream on top {and maybe a little more salsa verde if you are feeling saucy}


And there is my Not So Authentic Mexican Enchiladas.

Enjoy!

8 comments:

Leonora said...

ok this needs to be emailed to me ASAP.

Mandy [Mandipidy] said...

oh my yumminess... those look amazing. and just seeing the publix brand seasoning does my heart good. #publixneedstospreadlikewildfire #imhashtaggingandimnotontwitter

Jennifer said...

yum!! :) I'm definitely going to try this!

Ashley said...

that sounds delicious! and I just wanted to point out you didn't say 1/2 of what sour cream (half a cup? that is what I'm guessing, or half a certain size container?) thanks for the recipe!

Brooke said...

I'm cracking up. What I wore Wendsday makes me feel like crap because I like in my workout clothes with no makeup on. Hey, what's the point? Love, love, love what I ate Wednesdays! This looks great and I will be giving it a try.

Jami Nato said...

wierd, i'm making enchiladas tonight! i put black beans in mine, but the recipe is pretty similar to yours!

Erin said...

yummy that sounds great!! Going to have to try this.. seems super easy to!

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

We are huge Mexical food fans - this sounds delicious! Thanks