PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Friday, May 6, 2011

Buggies "A Very Cute Fruit Stand" 5th Birthday

I really never know where some of my ideas come from.
They live deep in a dark corner of my cerebral cortex and I pull them out as needed.
I wanted something fun, different, and colorful for Buggies 5th birthday party {just like her}.
After a little back and forth on the theme I went with a "A Very Cute Fruit Stand".

Hubs and I mapped out a plan {well mostly Hubs, I helped a little} to build the canopy out of PVC. After a little red spray paint it was perfect, then added yellow fabric and a little strawberry fabric ruffle to the front.

Buggie was in love. Makes my heart happy.
{scored her dress from Target for 8 bucks!}

I teamed up with Kori from Paper and Pigtails {you know she is my paper goods go to, not just cause she is a friend, but she is super creative and so much fun to work with} to make the invitation and signs.
These are pineapple shaped cups I purchased from Rhode Island Novelty. They had a little hole for a straw, super cute.


I knew I wanted to work with Renee from Bees Knees Creative. So I ordered the cutest strawberry cookies. {you will see more of her work below}.


I was stumped on watermelon, until I did a little Etsy search and came across Lather Tech. I knew I was wanting her soap to hand out but was not sure on the size, so Kathy was kind enough to mail me out a sample 2oz piece and it was perfect. This soap looked and smelled so much like watermelon, hubs made sure we told all the parents it was soap, haha.


I purchased some banana fabric and made little sacks and filled then with banana chips.


For a little fruit cocktail I went to Doodle R US and ordered some fruit shaped crayons. They were quick and easy to work with. And they paired perfect with the coloring sheet of Buggie my Uncle made for her.


I had seen something in a Martha {Stewart that is} mag, after attempting three times, I realized I am not Martha or her staff. SO I racked my noodle and thought how cute would it be to make cherry Dum Dum lollipop cherries. For these I ordered a box of just cherry Dum Dum's , thin floral tape, leafs cut out of cardstock and hot glue. I just wrapped the lollipops together to make them in pairs, then hot glued the leafs on. Done and done.


Fresh fruit was represented in apples, oranges, and little cups of blueberries.


And you remember those gumball flowers I made.

For the cake I went we a good old favorite, simple sheet cake with strawberry filling from Publix. All I did was have them do the basket weave in red. For $26 bucks it was so yummy. But for some added cuteness I took some bite size cookies Renee made and stuck them in. Along with a name cookie!


I had originally wanted fondant topper for the cupcakes I made, but then I thought how cute would little bite size cookies in stuck in cupcakes?! These cookies melted my heart the mintue I laid eyes on them. The little faces, I mean come on. I really wanted to shellack them and keep them for ever!





So thats it. It was super fun and the hugs and thank yous from Buggie made all of it SOOO worth it.

And thank you to the ladies at Pizzazzerie for the feature!

30 comments:

Britt said...

this is seriously the cutest party i have ever seen in my entire life!! you are so creative! and the shops all did a great job!! LOOOOOVE IT

christina said...

now that is ridiculously cute!! you already know my love for farm stands:) great job momma! those cookies are amazing.

Jami Nato said...

um, you are amazing. this is too freaking cute.

and weren't those pipes in your trash? i saw them in that last post. silly goose, don't throw stuff like that away!

Jennifer said...

so loving this...wow, you amaze me!

Hespyhesp said...

This is so ridiculously precious. You are one talented lady!

Erin said...

i love love love love love this idea. so so so cute :) Great job mom and dad!

-Jenni said...

It was even cuter in person--very fun, gloriously colorful, and extremely tasty treats! Great job, Amy!

Holly said...

Absolutely adorable! You are so creative! Love it.

Megan said...

You are SOOOOO amazing!! This party looks like a hit and oh so much fun!! xoxoox

Brittanie Gordon said...

Adorable! And yay for a new party, not the same old stuff. Love it!

Lili said...

this is a unique a fun theme! love all the details!

Kristy {the purple pug} said...

SO clever, creative and ridiculously adorable. In love.

kaylee@life chasers said...

you have GOT to be kidding me!!
without a doubt, one of the cutest parties i've seen.
talent, lady, TALENT!!!

Marissa said...

Aimmmmmmmm!!!! Love, love, love!

Cindy said...

So bright and cheery! I've never seen anything quite like it.

B's Mommy said...

What a PERFECT Party!!! Love & Adore this idea! And to sneak fresh fruit in to a kids party... very clever! And they have know idea it is healthy! LoL!
Be proud MaMa! Very Very Proud! YOU ROCK!!!

Craft That Party said...

love, love, love!!!

I'll Pour said...

Adorable! Wonderful idea! Dawn

Kori Clark said...

Everything you did was so spectacular!! I just adore the cookies in the cupcakes! Brilliant! You are a star and I am so glad I was able to work with you on this!

Sarah L. said...

Precious!!! What an adorable idea! Great job!

Jennifer @ Delightfully Noted said...

Every time I think I've seen it all someone like you comes along with another unique party theme! The cherry dum dums were brillant. Great job!

Sweet Craft Cakes said...

Cutest Party Ever!!!

Pam said...

What a cute idea!! What kind of activities did ou have for the kids?

Unknown said...

I seriously can't get over the cuteness & creativity that went into this!!!! Great job Amy!!!!!!

Brittany Schwaigert said...

LOVE this idea! So clever and so unique! Such cute touches--the banana fabric blows my mind. So cute!!!!

Lady Behind The Curtain said...

This is the cutest idea. You are so talented.

Kelli Blinn said...

Aaaaabsolutely adorable... and inspiring! Great ideas, Mama!

Home Confetti said...

This is super adorable and would love to feature it as my Merry Monday party tomorrow (with a link to your original post of course!)! I hope that's okay!
Best,
RM, Home Confetti
http://homeconfetti.blogspot.com

Carol said...

This is adorable! Seriously - LOVE. Nice Work.

Tracey Magpie Style said...

So creative, love it!
http://magpiestyle.net