PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

What we ate Wednesday. May 24th

It's Wednesday, aka FOODday.
Are you ready to link up?
I sure hope so.
Here is my recipe to share.

Mash Potato Stuffed Chicken with Lemon Parsley Sauce

Here is what you will need:
- chicken breast one per person {bone in}
- 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp parsley {I like the tube kind over fresh}
- mashed potato {one pack can stuff 4 breast}
- 2 tbsp room temp butter
- salt and pepper

Preheat the oven to 400. Make potatoes per bag instructions.

While potatoes cook zest the lemon, it should be around 1tsp. Once potatoes are cooked add the zest and mix.
*warning if you are chicken squeamish you may want to look away for the next three steps*

Carefully separate the skin from the breast, making sure not to make too big a hole.

With a spatula start stuffing the potatoes between the skin and the breast.

Smooth it towards the back as you go, until they are nice and filled.

And before they go in the oven drizzle with a little olive oil, rub it over the breast, and then season with salt and pepper. Bake for 40-50 mins.


Remove the chicken right away from the pan but leave the pan juices. Add the butter, parsley, and the juice from half the lemon. Whisk until forms a thickened sauce.
Plate the chicken and top with the sauce.


We ate ours with some oven roasted asparagus.
Yum to a BIG FAT O.

Lets link up!
-Grab my button and drop in your blog post
-Make sure the post is about food, a recipe, restaurant, MUST be food related.
-Link up the actual post not your blog



12 comments:

Jennifer said...

wow, that looks delicious!! :)

CaseyWiegand said...

I added an old fun recipe I posted awhile ago ;)

BriBedell said...

Wow. Yum. Lol

lesleyzellers said...

That looks good and seemingly easy enough, I think I'll have to try it.

marie said...

You had me at "mash". I've never met a mash I didn't like. Trying this next week. We had roasted asparagus the other night and I ate almost all of it. SO GOOD.

Jami Nato said...

you had me until you were getting all up under the chicken skin. i just can't handle it. i'm a "chicken" like that. get it??!

i'll add an older recipe to the links. it's my fave.

Marissa said...

Can I cheat and add tonights dinner??? It's going to be a yummy one?

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

It's also gluten and egg and peanut free - a winning combination at our home!

angie said...

I don't make anything worth photographing. Cooking is not my skill, lol.

Jennifer @ Delightfully Noted said...

That stuffed chicken looks delicious! Bookmarking this recipe.

Beth said...

Hi Amy. I did the what you wore wed at the pleated poppy last week and thought that I came up with a unique idea:) That's why I tried to do a whole week...not so easy. I'm so glad you do this link up! I'm always in need of some good fresh ideas!

April said...

looks really yum!

but, tell me.... how long did it take you to arrange that asparagus JUST SO before you took the final shot LOL it's so perfect!