PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

What we ate Wednesday.


So it has been decided.
Wednesdays are officially "What we ate Wednesday."
I have said this before, I would LOVE to participate in "What I wore Wednesday."
BUT that would be a joke.
I mean I am currently sporting two day old PJ's and some serious jacked up hair.
But I love food.
So every Wednesday I want to share a recipe {might not always be mine}, or maybe a
restaurant, something food related.
And I am asking you to do the same.
Each week lets link up.
We will get some good food inspirations from each other.
Sounds good?

This week I am sharing my Cheesy Garlic Pull Apart Bread.


What you will need:
- half a loaf of some kind of crusty bread
- half stick of room temp butter {more if you are doing a full loaf}
- provolone slices
- fresh mozzarella sliced
- half tsp garlic powder {or you can use fresh roasted}
- kosher salt to taste

Preheat oven to 350.

slice loaf into thick pieces leaving it attached at the bottom

mix butter, garlic, and salt to taste. then spread on both sides of each piece of bread.
{red pepper flakes would be a yummy spicy addition}

stuff a piece of each provolone and mozzarella cheese in between each slice.
wrap in foil and place in oven for 20 mins. I like to open it up and broil on high for about two mins to get a nice crusty top.


Serve right away with your favorite italian dish.


We had ours with homemade meatballs and sauce.


"Mommy take a picture of my plate."

Enjoy!

I know this week you are not prepared for a link up.
So if you would like how about something for the archives?
Then next week, its on like donkey kong.
Just attached this button to your post and link up below.


Easy Peasy.



9 comments:

christina said...

thats why i love you...im always sporting my j's or yoga pants too:) that looks yummo by the way! i think i just gained 10 pounds drooling over it.

Jennifer said...

YUM!! :) I wanna know how you stay so skinny eating that!

danielle @ take heart said...

stop it. i need this right now.

Lindsay - Pen and Paint said...

we think way too much alike.
I am totally gonna start linking with you on this.

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh. i can't wait to make this.

Cindy said...

Oh.my.goodness. This looks like HEAVEN! I'm pretty sure I could eat just the cheese and bread combo and be just fine. I mean the spags looked good too, but the crusty bread with melty cheese. MMmMMmmM. I will be making this tonite. It will be a hit with the fam! I already know. Thank you for planning dinner for me.

Jami said...

Are you kidding?! YUM.

Drena said...

Pretty sure I've never commented here and I've been a reader for a few months. You got me with food. Gosh, that looks yum-mo! Thanks. Now I'm going to have to eat before bed. Rats!

Unknown said...

I made this last night, and it was a hit! Yum yum yummy. Thanks for the easy recipe.