PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, November 29, 2010

My house is speaking to me.

Its saying, buy a douglas fur and stick it riiiighhhht here.
Dig out that bin marked Christmas from the garage.
You know the one at the VERY bottom of that huge stack of CRAZY
heavy plastic bins.
Oh and do not forget to hang the stockings with some stairway cheer.
But thats not all its saying.
Cause I am super creatively awesome {wink, wink}, I came up with a
fun way to use holiday words to decorate.

Here is what you need:
- Felt {both soft and stiff at least one sheet of each for each word}
- Scissors
- Printed Words
- Glue {fabric or felt glue}
- Pen

step 1:
print your words out. I used honey script, I love the retro feel of it. I printed them in word
at 400.

step 2:
cut your words out, snipping the letters you need to cut the center out of.

step 3:
trace the letters upside down on the soft felt.

step 4: cut the letters out, snipping the letters to cut the centers out.

step 5:
place a small bead of glue on the letters you had to cut the centers out of and glue them back together.

step 6:
glue the words onto the stiff felt. and cut around them leaving just a glimpse of the background felt showing.


Now you have the perfect accent to add your decorating.
Here is how our house spells Christmas...

I have some more cut to stick in the tree. And other finishing touches to add, you know once that bin makes a magical appearance.
Tis the season for decorating.
I would love to see what you have going on, link up!

Chaperoning a field trip this morning, so be back later with the winners from yesterday!



Join  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the  weekend      wrap    up           party!



9 comments:

Rory said...

I love this idea!

A Few of My Favorite Things said...

So adorable, Amy! I'm sharing this on my FB page today and will post on AFOMFT later this week. I know what my weekend craft is going to be now....

christina said...

ok, did i miss how to make those cute little trees? did you make them? i love that wreath!!!

Jules said...

Lovey, love, love!

Monika Wright | I Love It All said...

So darn cute, Amy! Everything looks fun and cute.

emily anderson said...

way cute...looks even better in person :)

Amanda said...

Cutest holiday decoration I have seen in a long time. Love, Love, LOVE them!

Stephanie said...

Just saw this on Tatertotsandjello's party...so darn cute. I don't have good fine motor skills to do that type of cutting. Yours looks so professional. I love the elegant simplicity of your decorations, they are stunning.

Elizabeth said...

Your projects are adorable!!! You did such a great job! Would love for you to come visit me at Sew Chatty and link up to Made with Love Monday! http://sewchatty.blogspot.com