PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Greek Chicken Salad.

I love making this recipe {made up by me, TOOT TOOT}.
It is a nice mix up during the week, if you are looking for
a recipe full of flavor but not heavy.

Greek Chicken Salad.
Ingredients:
- 4 Chicken Fillets {chicken breast will work, just pound them out thin}

Marinate Ingredients:
- 1 small tub Plain Greek Yogurt {the individual size}
- 2 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp. ground coriander
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tbsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tbsp. dry dill weed
- 2 tbsp honey
- juice from half a lemon {save the other half for dressing}

These ingredients are what I use as salad toppings.
- cherry tomatoes
- cucumber {peeled and diced}
- feta cheese
- kalamata olives
- red onion {sliced very thin}
- scallion {diced}
- head of romaine lettuce {you can substitute orzo for the lettuce
OR live on the edge and do both!}

In a bowl mix the yogurt and all the marinate ingredients together {tip: do the olive oil first in the tbsp, then the honey. All the honey will just slide right out}.
Add chicken cover with marinate and let sit for at least 1/2 hr.

Turn broiler on low with the rack in the middle. Line a broiler pan then
add the rack to the pan. Place the chicken on the rack.
Broil for 6 mins on each side.
Turn the broiler to high, and broil on one side for 3-4 mins.
You are just trying to a little char on the edges, so keep an eye on it.

While you are broiling, make your salad.
Then once chicken is done, slice into thin strips top the salad.

I make a simple dressing of lemon juice and olive oil.
{this pic is the orzo version}

Enjoy!

XOXO

Do not forget my Evy's Tree Trunk show going on --->




2 comments:

christina said...

MMM, I love anything with feta cheese and chicken. I will have to give the dressing a shot! I made your peanut butter pretzel cookies the other day, YUMMO:) I love me some sweet and salty goodies!

Amy said...

YUM!!! that looks awesome! I'm going to have to try that! Thanks...