PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, January 10, 2011

Valentine's Wreath {DIY}


Got my craft on this week.
And after a wee bit of a break, it felt oh so good.

Supplies I used:
-wire wreath {I used the largest they had, want to say it was 16in}
- yarn
- styrofoam ball of different sizes
-other embellishments {I used glitter hearts}
-hot glue gun


And start wrapping. And keep wrapping. And keep wrapping. Prefect project is you have some DVRed shows to catch up on.


To make some yarn puffs. Wrap yarn around your fingers. Lay on a piece of yarn, tie tight. Then snip the loops and shape into a puff ball. I used these to fill in holes.

For me it was easier to make as I went along and laid everything out as I went.

Glueing and going.


Finished product.




Enjoy!

PS:
Did you enter to win one of these?!
Click here to enter.








15 comments:

Michelle (michabella) said...

OMG! That wreath is SO SO SO CUTE! <333

Jo-Anna@APrettyLife said...

Very pretty! Love the colours!

Stephanie said...

I love this! Getting your craft on turned out to be very artful. Just wish I had some yarn hanging around to try it myself.

Meredith said...

Adorable, can't wait to make one!

Hespyhesp said...

Freaking adorable as always! I'm addicted to the yarn wreaths these days. Thanks for introducing me to them!

Alita said...

Oooooh this is so sweet. I love it!

Heather said...

Aw the colors you picked are lovely, it's real cute :)

Jennifer said...

oh my!! My favorite color combo...GORGEOUS!! :)

erin said...

Very cute! I like that it's a project I could do while catching up on some recorded shows. I really like your color combination. :)

Maria-Isabel @ Agape Love Designs said...

So pretty, I LOVE those colors together!!!

Unknown said...

I am in LOVE with the colors you used for this wreath!! I saw it over on the TT&J blog and had to come tell you! Your pics are also awesome...making me think maybe I should quit taking all the pics for my blog with my iphone...just maybe...

anyways I'm your newest follower!!!

Lil Mama Stuart said...

how many packages of yarn do you think you used?

GretchenP said...

ooohhh kaaay.. that's it. i've linked over a few couple times now from various sites.. i'm officially following! :) love love love this.. especially the blue accent with the vday colors. also obsessed with your rainbow birthday party.. seriously. obsessed. great site! keep up the good work! :)

Judy @ In His Grip said...

This is so cute. I love the unexpected addition of the aqua to the valentines colors.

Anonymous said...

Love love love this color combination! Just wanted to know I'm featuring you in a guest post tomorrow at seekatesew.blogspot.com. One of 14 favorite ideas for Valentines Day! :)