PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Awk2theWard Wednesday {Feb 23rd}

Coming at you every week with a little dose of awkwardly funny moments that
make life a little extra special.

A place where laughing is encouraged.
- Because I am a complete idiot this is how I spent my day yesterday. Clerk of the Court to pay the stupid non moving violation. Then to the DMV to show I paid the darn ticket before they suspended my license. Which as you can see I had a child strapped to me, who was SO thrilled to be tied down. And I spent the whole time trying to keep him from giving the little boy {who was clearly with his mom, because he was home SICK} behind me high fives. Oh and because not only am I an idiot but also a procrastinator this HAD to be done yesterday which of course was the day after a federal holiday. DO not feel bad for me, laugh at me. I need to learn my lesson.

- I like slang. I use it here on my blog and in "real" life. Ever looked a word up in the Urban Dictionary just to double check the spelling of it {I know does it really matter, its slang}? Oh, then you read the definition of the word. Um, Oh, WOW, thats not what you thought it meant, wow people do that and they name it?! Then you start blushing and thinking of all the times you uttered this word in public. More blushing.

-Having your parents in Vegas for a trip and you start to see pictures pop up on their FB pages. Like this one...
Yes they totally renewed their vows with an Elvis impersonator.

Then this one shows up and you start blowing up their phones to find out, DID they?!
*PHEW* no butterflies or tribal tattoos.

And finally the one that says they need to get home. And you have decided they can no longer travel alone...

Yep thats my Dad,
awkwardly awesome.

Have you entered this weeks giveaway?

15 comments:

angie said...

omg. i love your parents. how cool are they?!

Leah said...

Your dad's shirt is hilarious! I agree you have really fun, cool parents!!

Kristyn @ Good Gravy Crafts said...

your dad is AWESOME!

xx-Kristyn

Great Gatherings said...

So funny! Yes, I am laughing AT you. BUT, been there done that or something very similar.

emily anderson said...

the pictures of your parents. perfect.

Jami Nato said...

your parents are nut balls. i like them.

and i've used the word gang banger like a million times until i realized what it meant. this last week. so ya, i hear ya on that...

Lindsay - Pen and Paint said...

I wish my parents were this cool.

BriBedell said...

Your Dad and Baby Carlos are classic.

Kori Clark said...

HAHA!!! Your parents are fab!

averagemeetsAMAZING said...

Your parents' photos explain why you are so totally cool. The apple doesn't fall far form the tree. Can't wait to hear about your kids do ;)

B's Mommy said...

I WANT your Dads shirt! He ROCKS!!!

Blomgrens said...

Your dad is pretty much amazing... and your mom too for that matter! What fun parents!!

MellieButterfly said...

are your parents for rent? the pic of your dad with the hangover t-shirt is genius....

Unknown said...

O.K. I'm jumping into this blogging world and I'm not even holding my nose. I would like to tell "B's mommy", dad's T shirt came from Caesars Palace Forum shops. The little kiosk had a fun selection. To "MellieButterfly" yes we are for rent if you can find us. "Blomgrens", yes her Dad IS AMAZING, I can say that because I trained him. And last but not least, my daughter..... She is a loyal friend, a loving sister, a giving and patient daughter, a VERY attentive mother to their BEAUTIFUL, full of love and life children, and has the husband of her parents dreams. P.S. we got our Elvis wedding pictures, stay tuned........

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

that t-shirt your dad is wearing is awesome!