PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, April 12, 2010

My baby is hungry...

Today I was sitting at our kitchen table chatting with Hubby.
He stops mid sentence with a *psst* and nod of the head.
I glance over at the couch.
There she is sitting with her shirt pulled up "nursing" her Minnie Mouse doll.
Then she looks up at me smiles, sits Minnie up and proceeds to burp her.
{she has done this a few times now}

I think it is crazy funny and cute.
I do not want to her to think it is a bad thing but on the other hand
I do not want her pulling her shirt up at school to "nurse" the classroom baby dolls.
So I simply say "Buggie we only feed our babies like that at home. When we are out our babies eat out of bottles."

But I am such a hypocrite, cause my baby does not eat out of a bottle. Hum...
I am conflicted about this.
I love breast feeding my babies.
I feel blessed I was able to do it for Buggie for her first year of life
and now with Jellybean.
I would NEVER want to place any negativeness on it.

What to do, what to do?

7 comments:

Amy said...

Let her do it. It will probably amuse people who see her, if they aren't amused..who really cares? what is important is the ideals you teach your little one.

Kelly O. said...

we ran into this as well. we brought little attention to it.
It did open up the opportunity to discuss discression and why we don't share our bodies publicly (privacy) etc.
she was very open to using a "nursing cover" in public :)

Anonymous said...

Oh lordy Amy I needed this! Too funny...Okay...solution....um.....get her one of those nursing covers? Then maybe she won't offend anyone if she decides to feed Minnie!!! Actually I say heck with them! It's 100% natural for her to do that just like it would be for her to bottle feed Minnie. Maybe suggest she leave her shirt down though so she isn't showing her "stuff" at school?

christina said...

How sweet she is! My son is constantly "nursing" his pig stuffed animal. I would just let her nurse her baby, but teach her that we need to be discrete about it in public.

Melissa (Punkin Threads) said...

omg a little nursing cover would be too freaking cute! I love this story. I say just put the focus on her lifting her shirt up in public. Tell her this is not girls gone wild :-) xoxo!

Stephanie said...

my little one does the same. she's only modeling what she see's me do with the baby...and since i cover up in public, i remind her to also. i lovelovelove it!

Melanie @ Whimsical Creations said...

I remember doing this as a kid. My mom nursed my sister and I pretended to nurse my baby (btw...I am 36). I love the idea of a mini cover up for her...