PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Friday, April 30, 2010

Questions answered.



I thought I could just do one post to answer some recent questions on Buggie's Rainbow Party.

Ok first here is a list of all the shops I used:
- As you probably know all the labels and tags came from The TomKat Studio's Rainbow collection.
- Her party dress came from Vintage Lucy's
- I purchased the rainbow ring crayons from Lil Boo & Co.
- The buckets I used for the cake stand and holders, came from Ikea {in the outdoor section .99 and they came in all different sizes}. I have a tutorial for these coming soon.
- Clothes pin cake topper came from Wee Cute Treasures {unfortunately she is currently not open}
- Lastly the coloring sheet was created by my uncle. He is a graphic artist {who does animation} so it was quick and easy for him. I might see if he would be open to creating these on the side, you never know!
- Oops almost forgot crown, True Love Found, hehe.

The most asked first, the Oreos.
I just used Wilton's melting candy. Bought it in the colors I needed, dunked them and then sprinkled the tops with matching colored sprinkles. Decadent, yes. Over the top, yes. Heaven in you mouth, YES!

As far as the pom poms I used the standard tissue paper from Party City, not sure on the measurements, but there is 8 sheets per bag. And they take a bit to work on to get the desired fluffiness out of them.

I think that covers it. But if I forgot one please just leave a comment and I will update this post.

Oh and thanks to all of you who went through my family photos! I have BIG decision to make and appreciate all your input, it truly helped. And for those of you who asked the song is You & Me by Frances England. Let's just say I ran to itunes and bought the whole album. My favorite right now is Sleepy Head Mommy, classic!

UPDATE:
- Forgot the rainbow sugar cookies. They came from Lori's Place. Worked out for me
that she was local and I was able to pick up these YUMMO cookies!

ANOTHER UPDATE:
-Rainbow ballon sculptor came from the face painter I had. She asked me if she could make
a pre made sculptor for the party and she showed up with this. She said it
was the first one she made, so darn cute!

3 comments:

Rhiannon said...

Thanks for sharing the info! I soooo wanted to know about the oreos! Totally amazing!!!

Anna @ IHOD said...

Buggie looks adorable. So glad she liked the headband enough to wear to school
Here is the website I got the free tape download from:
http://www.puglypixel.com/
You will love it!

Kelly O. said...

how/or who did you get that balloon made??
love it!