My first tutorial.
I made these several years ago, maybe 10, and had not done them since. Not sure
why because they are SUPER easy and turn out so unique & special. So this year Buggie
and I made some to give as gifts to neighbors and friends.
What you need:
- Glass Ball Ornaments (Joann's has theirs on
sale right now for 50% off,
since they were putting out Valentines stuff!!!)
- Acrylic Paint (I just raided my craft supply, but if you
have a specific color palette in mind, they are less
then a $1 a bottle for the Joann's brand.)
- An empty egg carton
And thats it!
1. To start pick out at least three colors if not more to use. Then remove the top hook off the ornament. Place the ball in the container upside down.
2. Then pour about a 1/4 tsp of each color in the ornament. No worries if you get some
on the outside of the ball, since it is acrylic it will just peel right off
3. Once you have all the colors in the ball, just pick it up an start swirling it. Cover the whole interior of the ball. You may need to add more paint as you go.
5. Then set upside down in the egg carton. This is when gravity does its magic. The colors will start to run down.
6. It is best to let them dry for at least 4 hours.
As you can see the more colors the more dramatic the look. Buggie picked some pretty crazy color combos, but I have to say they all worked! She has such an eye. You can finish them off with a bow around the top or not. I think ours will go without. Hope you enjoyed and are able to try these, it is very very easy with a beautiful result.