Tuesday, September 29, 2009

From one Mommy to another...

I have been wanting to do a monthly post and was not sure what to do.  Then over this past weekend it hit me.  Mom to mom advice, a little something that I do that makes my day a little smoother.  And I would hope that you all would add on to this posts with a little something that works for you and your family.  So expect a post at the end of each month with this theme.

This month I wanted to share two little things that make life a little easier.

First:
For those of you with kiddos old enough to drink out of cups know that when you are at restaurants and order a kiddy drink, 99% of the time the straws that come to the table do not bend.  And for me this use to mean A LOT more stains then I wanted to deal with, since Buggie would tip her drinks.

So I started carrying bendy straws in my purse and to make sure they are easy to grab and did not get smooched , I use a .99 cent toothbrush holder to store them!  

Oh BTW not sure how I am going to handle going from my purse to a diaper bag again...


Second:
As I am sure all of you can contest to this, when you get a good 10-15 min uninterrupted shower in, it is AMAZING!  For me this also means I can think.  Which usually produces something to  remember that I need to get done.  So instead of forgetting the minute I turn off the shower and hear the first "Mommy!", I put bath crayons in the shower.  Now I can jot down my thoughts, which means the aren't down the drain!

Then when I step out I have a little note pad and pen in my bathroom drawer to take down my shower revolutions.  This makes my scattered brain seem less chaotic.



I hope these little things I do might help you!

Now please share something small or big helps you get through your day! I look forward to sharing...

Oh an make sure you do not miss out on the AWESOME giveaway I am hosting this week.  Click here to enter

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

great ideas! I am stealing the straw one...as soon as Tess starts drinking from them!

The Brandenburgs said...

Love it!

Vindiciti said...

Let me just say that the bendy straws in the toothbrush case is brilliant! I am so going to grab one when I'm at the store again!