PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, July 9, 2012

DIY $8 Glitter Anchor Tee

Nautical is back, but honestly has it ever gone away?
I mean it is such a classic, not sure it can ever really be out of style.
The other day at Target I grabbed a $8 gray crew neck tee and knew I wanted to add an anchor.
So I googled anchor images, printed one I liked and got out my freeze paper {aka ghetto stencil maker}.

Other things I used:
-pencil
-exacto knife
- fabric glitter glue
- fabric glitter


First thing you will do is trace your stencil out on the freezer paper.


Then with your knife cut out the relief portion of the paper, creating your stencil.  And remember to keep any pieces that make the image, like the little circle in the top of the anchor.


Then after laying the image out, iron it wax side down on your shirt. No steam with the iron.


Add glue and then sprinkle with glitter.


What the time the bottle says, then remove your stencil.


Then you will have a super cheap, super cute glitter anchor shirt.
AHOY MATY!


Enjoy!

7 comments:

jonahbonah said...

I love anchors!!! And I love how easy this seems to be!!! Thank you for sharing!

angie said...

How well do u think it'll hold up in the wash?

BriBedell said...

Cute!!

Torrie @ Fox + Hazel said...

What a great idea! I will definitely be trying this out asap!

Mycharmingcolors said...

you are absolutely CUTE!
When I saw this on IG I was in disbelief that you actually made this!

Nicole said...

Awesome ! Can't wait to try it! Saw your pic on IG soo cute!!

Unknown said...

Oh I love this!! I want one!!!

I'm so glad I finally visited your blog and not just instagram :).

Cheers.