PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, December 6, 2010

The perfect sugar cookie recipe

I am a self proclaimed cookie snob.
I like my chocolate chip crisp on the edges, my peanut butter chewy, and
my sugar cakey {its a word look it up}.

This recipe comes from my sweet friend Jenni.
It is the perfectly dense, shape keeping, buttery goodness.

Overmier Sugar Cookie
3 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup sugar
1 cup butter
1 egg
3 to 4 tbsp Carnation evaporated milk
1 tsp vanilla
icing

Preheat oven at 400.
Mix the dry ingredients together.
Using your hands cut in butter.
Mix wet ingredients together.
Add to dry and mix using hands until dough forms {you may need to add
a little more milk if too dry}
No need to chill this dough but you can if you want to.
Roll out on floured surfaced to desired thickness.
Cut into your shapes.
Bake for 5-8 minutes {do not over bake}.
You are NOT looking for golden edges.
Let cool and then decorate.


Made these minis for Buggies recital.
I used a shot glass to cut them, classy I know, for this size.
They were the prefect bite size morsel.

Happy baking!

5 comments:

-Jenni said...

Yay! Yes, I am getting ready to make my batches for Christmas here very soon. Glad you enjoy them!!!

Erin said...

those look amazing!! Will have to try those out :) Yummy!

coolkids said...

I will have to try this recipe. I am not sure why but my sugar cookies never turn out that great. boo. :) thecoolkidsblog.com

Anna @ IHOD said...

yesss please!!! Thank you for sharing the recipe. This is the week I get to start baking:D

Renuka said...

These look absolutely stunning. I wonder if they taste like those Lofthouse cookies. What is your recipe for the frosting? Thanks for sharing these......