PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Mom in the shot Aug 12 {Plus two DIY's}

Had a playdate today.
I had seen a blog {for the life of me can not remember where, so if you know please comment
I want to give props where it is do!}, where they had a cereal buffet.
And I loved the idea so much I totally "borrowed" it.

For the kiddies I made personalized spoons. The supplies needed:
-small letter beads
-wire {I used 26 gage}
-wire cutters
-spoons {I found teaspoons, 2 for $1 at the dollar store}

This one is super easy. Just start wrapping the spoon from the top with wire. On the back of the spoon fold down the end of the wire and wrap around it. Then add the letters, wrapping a little in between each letter. To end it on the back tuck the end up and under and pull it through at least three times and trim the excess.
They were a BIG hit. Then we ate all different kinds of cereal with tons of fruit toppings!



This one was just me taking some zippers and making rosettes with them. Hot glueing them together on some felt and adding a alligator clip. Perfect for accessorizing clothes, purses, and hair!


Last but not least, Bean and I after a long fun playdate. I am pooped.
Did you see Em's BIG announcement?! How amazing is that, pretty stinkin cool if you ask me.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

cute collection! Purple Pug did the spoons, setup was crazy adorable! http://thepurplepug.blogspot.com/2010/08/cereal-buffet-bar.html

hugs! Kim @ http://frostmeblog.blogspot.com
party inspiration

southerninspiration said...

GREAT ideas....love the spoons!!!
Suzanne

Amy H. said...

Thanks Kim! The setup was beyond adorable.

Pattie said...

LOVE the spoon idea!

emily anderson said...

cute pics of you and N...
love the spoon idea too :)

sorry we couldn't hang tonight...

Rhiannon said...

i saw that party posted too, it was super duper cute!!! I love the way you did your spoons I think I have to steal it :-)

Carey C. Bailey said...

HOLY SMOKES you are talented and you have a cute kiddo with you.

Anna @ IHOD said...

Amy, look at you! so crafty and cool! I just love the spoon labels considering my sisters and I always had a certain spoon we had dibbs on when we were little;)
And the zipper brooch?! LOVE!

Leslie said...

Hi Amy, What cute idea! I'd love to feature on our party ideas blog http://www.purpletrail.com/partytrail/ideasblog.at PurpleTrail.com. If you are interested, please send me an email at leslieb@purpletrail.com. Cheers, Leslie