PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thursday, October 1, 2009

First pot of soup of the season....

If anyone of you know Hubby, you may have heard him refer to soup as "dirty bath water".  I LOVE soup and Buggie thankfully has taken after me and LOVES "stoup" also.  Over the past 10 years of being with Hubby I figured there is one soup he will eat, Beef Barely Soup, since it is nice and hearty.

So as the mercury only rises to 85 degrees today, I felt the urge to make a pot! 

 
Here is the super simple but VERY yummy recipe:
1lb stew beef or hamburger (I prefer beef)
8 cups of water
1 pkg beef bouillon
14oz can diced tomatoes
1 cup chopped celery
1 cup chopped carrots
1 cup diced onion
1/2 cup barely
1/4 cup parsley
salt and pepper to taste
garlic to taste

Brown beef in 2 tbs. oil.  Add 8 cups of water to pot and boil, then simmer 1 and 1/2 hrs.  Take meat out and sherd (with hamburger no need to brown or sherd).

Dissolve bouillon in 1/2 cup water.  Add veggies and bouillon to pot.  Add barely, parsley,  spices, and meat.

Simmer until barely is cooked (about 45 mins).

I like to serve with shaved parmesan cheese.

Hope you enjoy this one as much as we do!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YUMMY....I am starving and that didn't help!